We currently have an opening for a Certified Sawfiler.
Key responsibilities include saw preparation & installation, facing/chipping knife preparation and installation, and troubleshooting all things related to lumber cutting tools and lumber sawing quality. The Certified Sawfiler will be working closely with the Maintenance Superintendent, Maintenance Supervisors, QC Supervisor, as well as Production Supervisors to optimize mill uptime and availability and maintain our lumber target size tolerances. The Certified Sawfiler will report directly to the Maintenance Superintendent.
The successful candidate will possess the following technical skills and experience:
- Certification as a Sawfiler.
- Substantial industrial sawfiling experience preferably from a Sawmill or Wood Products industry.
- Extremely detail-oriented with a precision maintenance mindset.
- Exceptional inter-personal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Strong analytical trouble shooting skills, planning skills, along with the ability to work on several priorities concurrently under time constraints.
- Possess a very strong commitment to safety.
This position offers a highly competitive wage and benefits package, an attractive shifting schedule and rewarding opportunities to grow along with an industry-leading company.
If you possess the noted qualifications and are interested in joining our company, please submit your resume via email to:
Subject: Certified Sawfiler
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.