We currently have an opening for a Planner in our forestry department.
The successful candidate will work with the Forestry Planning team to coordinate block planning and layout programs, appraisal analysis and permit acquisition in accordance with environmental and legal requirements, contract management and quality control. The position will also involve working with First Nations stewardship processes, government systems and coordination of operations with other departments.
The ideal candidate will posses the following technical skills and experience:
- registration as a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT), or Registered Professional Forester (RPF) with the Association of BC Forestry Professionals (ABCFP)
- a minimum of 2 years’ experience in forestry planning and permit acquisition
- proficiency using a computer
- familiarity with current technology and forestry applications
- knowledge of current BC forest legislation, regulations, policies and guidelines
- experience working with First Nations in terms of relationship-building and stewardship
- valid Class 5 Driving Licence and safe driving record
- outstanding problem solving, decision making and organizational abilities
- exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- ability to work independently and in a team environment.
This position offers a highly competitive wage and benefit package.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Forestry Planning Position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.