We are currently seeking applicants for a Forestry Supervisor position. The successful candidate will supervise logging, hauling and related operations and ensure production, quality, environmental and legal requirements are met in a safe and cost-effective manner. Responsibilities will also include contract management, contractor supervision, liaison with government officials and coordination of operations with other departments.
The ideal candidate will posses the following technical skills and experience:
- registration or eligibility for registration as a Registered Forest Technologist (RFT), Forester in Training (FIT) or Registered Professional Forester (RPF) with the Association of BC Forestry Professionals (ABCFP)
- a minimum of 2 years’ experience in forestry fieldwork
- proficiency using a computer
- familiarity with current technology and forestry applications
- knowledge of current BC forest legislation, regulations, policies and guidelines
- valid Class 5 Driving Licence and safe driving record
- outstanding problem solving, decision making and organizational abilities
- exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- ability to work independently and in a team environment.
This position offers a highly competitive wage and benefit package.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Forestry Supervisor in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited to interview will be contacted.