We currently have openings for Heavy-Duty Mechanic.
The incumbent will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of our mobile fleet including forklifts, loaders, log loaders and support equipment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic with a minimum of 3 years of experience is preferred but will consider 3rd year apprentices.
- Experience with diagnosing and repairing mechanical, structural, electrical, and hydraulic systems for automotive and heavy-duty equipment.
- Previous forest products experience
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Work safely at all times and look out for others, while contributing to continually improving the mills safety.
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform complete repair and preventative maintenance of all heavy and light duty mobile or stationary equipment.
- Make recommendations regarding equipment repairs, design and operation based on a solid understanding of maintenance standards, codes, and regulations.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that the equipment meets maintenance and safety standards.
- Update maintenance records with accurate and timely information.
- Assist in the development and coordination of maintenance scheduling as required.
- Coordinate maintenance services with third-party contractors and perform audits to ensure that contracted work meets maintenance standards.
- Monitor and identify the effectiveness and reliability of maintenance work performed on mobile equipment.
- Provide on-call support with an understanding that this may require work after hours and on weekends.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent working knowledge of hydraulic systems related to Caterpillar and Sennebogan
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and customers (both internal and external); this includes excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to anticipate and meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Proficient computer skills – working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel. Prior experience with MP2 would also be an asset.
- Good organizational skills in order to effectively manage numerous activities and competing demands within tight deadlines.
- Solid analytical skills in order to troubleshoot and diagnose problems in a methodical and logical manner.
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing opportunities for improvement, efficiency, and safety.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment or independently with minimal direction or supervision.
A competitive wage and benefits package; Temporary accommodations to assist with relocation;
Steady, full-time employment with the opportunity to be home every night.
If you enjoy working in a friendly and dynamic environment, want to build your career with an exciting and committed team, and to live in a community with all the essential amenities as well as endless outdoor opportunities, please send your covering letter and Resume by email to: email@example.com
Foothills Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.